The Washington County Youth Service Bureau is recruiting for a part time summer activities and outreach coordinator at the Basement Teen Center (BTC). This 20 hours/week position will run from late June through the end of August.
Responsibilities would include coordinating with the Director and/or AmeriCorps Member as we:
- Engage with youth at the BTC (be present and available for questions, concerns, and discussions, games, music, etc.)
- Complete youth sign in/out, registration, and other documentation
- Model language and actions that are respectful, kind, and appropriate, and encourage the same from youth
- Meet weekly with the BTC Director
- Help with snack/ meal service (ensuring cleanliness, safety, and fair sharing)
- Share talents, develop programming ideas, run programs
- Inform and/or develop social media campaigns
- Assist with community outreach efforts throughout Washington County
- Help maintain a safe and clean space, and remind others to do the same
- Enforce kitchen safety
- Pick up dishes and trash, etc.
- Wash dishes, take out trash/recycling
- Sweep, mop
- Encouraging and enlisting youth assistance with cleaning
Our summer hours will run approximately 11 a.m. – 5 p.m. Monday-Thursday and 1p.m.-10 p.m. on Friday. The summer activities specialist will work at the center 3 to 4 days a week for 5-8 hours. There will be off-site activities (swimming, kayaking, hiking, etc.) that will require some employee flexibility. Off-site events would occur during the usual BTC drop-in hours. This position will be compensated at $15/hr.
This position is open to individuals aged 16 and older. The employee must be comfortable occupying the role of a staff member (rather than just a youth attendee) even if they fall within the age range that would qualify them as a youth attendee.
Interested applicants can send a resume and cover letter and three references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you have ideas for programming, celebrations, clubs, or warm weather activities? Visions, plots, schemes? What would you really like to see at the Basement Teen Center? Let us know!
If you have services, suggestions, games, musical instruments, or other gifts to offer, or wish to volunteer at the BTC, please let us know!
Washington County Youth Service Bureau/Boys & Girls Club
P.O. Box 627 Montpelier, VT, 05601
Phone: (802) 229 9151 x234
Fax: (802) 229-2508